Universal Infant Free School Meals
September 2014 saw the introduction of a free school lunch for all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children. Following its success this provision will continue.
School meals are supplied by Caterlink and cost £2.30 per day.
£11.50 per week
Total days in term
(Not inc Inset)
|Number of weeks||Total|
Please pay online via Caterlinkltd.co.uk
We encourage our children to make healthy food choices and ask that packed lunches do not contain sweets or chocolate bars.
A point of safety: No glass bottles please in your child’s packed lunch.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If your child is eligible for free school meals with an active application on the 31 March 2018, they will remain eligible until 31 March 2022.
KCC may ask for proof of benefit after you apply.