The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of St Georges School are all volunteers who organise fundraising events to enrich the children’s learning environment.
Did you know that as a parent/carer you are automatically a member of the PTA when your child joins St George’s. It would be fantastic to see some new faces on board.
Events such as the Christmas and Summer Fayres together with discos and Friday cake club would not be able to go ahead without the help, support and dedication of existing PTA members, friends, and family.
- Attending informal committee meeting two or three times a year – do you have any good fundraising ideas?
- Occasional one off help – for example wrapping gifts, putting flyers through doors, folding raffle tickets or cake donations.
- Support of Events – for example looking after a stall for a short period, helping set up or clear away, being a responsible adult at a school disco or cinema club and helping with refreshments.
- Promoting the PTA – distributing/displaying posters, writing to donors or contacting local business’ for prizes.
- Spreading the word by Facebook etc…
If you are interested in joining and connecting with other parents, please make yourself known to the office staff who are very keen to keep the PTA going or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We have exciting fund raising news. You can now help raise donations for St George’s Primary School without you even leaving your sofa. And it doesn’t cost you a penny!
We have signed up to https://www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/causes/st-georges-cep-school
TheGivingMachine is a fundraising organisation designed to help charitable causes raise money online. By signing up and shopping online via The Giving Machine you will generate a free cash donation for the charities of your choice. With all your favourite retailers, including Amazon, Ebay, M&S, NEXT, Tesco, Sainsbury, John Lewis and Ocado, you are bound to find what you need and generate a donation.
In order to start raising free donations please click the Giving Machine link and follow these steps:
· Click join as a giver. It will ask you to search for a cause. Type in cause name in the search and then select from the list of results.
· Click join and support and then enter your details.
You are now signed up.
Make sure you never miss a donation and download the Shop&Give application.
It takes just a few minutes to install on your web browser and means that every time you click onto a retailer that supports this scheme you will get a prompt asking you to donate. Thank you for your time.